WRITER | EDITOR | SEO CONTENT SPECIALIST
Sought after editor and content creator with experience leading and managing internal and remote teams. Well-connected in the content freelance space and able to make the right connections for the task at hand. Skilled at the rare art of modern SEO writing and editing with proven organic search results. An experienced journalist with an uncanny ability to distill complex technical concepts and jargon into interesting consumable content.
Product Reviews | Service Journalism | Content Strategy | Organic Search | CMS/WordPress | Manage Remote Teams | SEO Practices | Commerce Editor | Translates Tech Jargon into Consumer-Friendly Language
Joni Blecher Content Services, Portland, OR (2012- 2023)
Writer and Editor for Digital Trends, XPRIZE blog, AT&T Developer Group, Smartsheet, Westfield Labs, Real Networks, and more
- SEO Editor and Writer: Implement and inform content strategy using SEO best practices and analytic tools to build company blog and increase traffic exponentially.
- Commerce Editor: Write kitchen and smart home product reviews, update product roundups and listicles, manage update schedule and evergreen content, and gift guide picks.
- Marketing Content: Collaborate with teams to develop succinct marketing copy and messaging for corporate websites, including managing and creating company recruitment videos for lifestyle and shopping brands. Proofread all content for the website.
LetsTalk.com, San Francisco, California (2006 -2012)
Editorial Director/Content Manager for cell phone online retailer.
- Launched and maintained the cell phone retailer’s YouTube Channel, building an audience with close to 5 million views.
- Promoted the company through interviews with local TV news, national radio tours, and publications such as Real Simple, SmartMoney, MSNBC, and Reader’s Digest.
- Used metrics and collaborated with the ecommerce and affiliate marketing teams to create an impactful editorial content strategy.
- Wrote and launched expert reviews, gift guides, commerce lists, and buying decision content.
- Worked with relevant online sites (PhoneDog, Best Buy Mobile) to syndicate LetsTalk editorial content.
CNET Networks, San Francisco, California (2000 -2004)
Section Editor, Portable Consumer Electronics for popular online reviews site.
- Collaborated with marketing, product, and design departments to implement and manage promotional website and video projects for portable consumer electronics categories.
- Managed and cultivated a staff of 8+ to successfully flourish in the company and attracted and maintained well-respected freelancers while still coming in under budget.
- Edited reviews, features, and columns that appeared on CNET’s Portable Electronics section and were syndicated to newspapers and magazines.
- Promoted CNET Reviews through interviews with CNN, CNN Headline News, BBC World Business Report, local TV news and radio stations, Good Day New York, USA Today, Washington Post, San Francisco Chronicle, CBS Market Watch, Newsweek, and Fortune.
Senior Editor, CNET Wireless
- Co-founder of CNET’s Wireless site, which covered cell phones and service plans, making it one of the most visited destinations on the site.
- Wrote and edited product reviews, features, and Ask the Cell Phone Diva column, the second, most-visited column.
- Updated and programmed cell phone site pages based on metrics, trends, and industry expertise.
- Developed content coverage strategy geared to increase and maintain consistent traffic growth.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Mobile Computing & Communications, New York, NY
Senior Editor for monthly technology magazine: Assigned, wrote, and edited articles on mobile technology and interviews with key executives; managed freelance writers and monthly budget.
Imaging Magazine, New York, NY
Features Editor for monthly business technology magazine: Researched, wrote, and edited features on storage solutions and digital imaging; participated in all aspects of production.
Jupiter Research, New York, NY
Associate Analyst for consumer technology research firm: Advised clients and wrote reports for Home Theater and Broadband services based on industry research; presented digital camera research at well attended CES Session.
HWH Public Relations, New York, NY
Account Executive for leading consumer public relations agency: Managed four key consumer electronics and fitness-related accounts; secured and generated media coverage through national press/broadcast campaigns.
Microsoft Surface: Visual QuickStart Guide published by Peachpit Press
Sarah Lawrence College: Master of Fine Arts, Creative Writing
California State University Northridge: Bachelor of Arts in English, Writing