- Unique, fun, and approachable online personality with individual YouTube videos receiving 45,000+ views
- Fast learner and superb editor/writer who simplifies and translates complex terminology into consumer-friendly language
- Strong people and project manager
- Excellent team member and highly respected leader
SKILLS: Writing, Editing, SEO Writing and Editing, Reporting, Video Personality, Social Media, SEO Writing and Editing, Content Strategy, Content Management Systems (CMS), Marketing Content, Mac/Windows Office, Software/Hardware Installation, HTML, Final Cut Pro, JIRA, WordPress, Custom Databases and Programs, Blogging, Video Production and Editing
Freelance Editor, Content Creator, and Strategist, Portland, Oregon
June 2012 to Present
- Smartsheet: SEO writing and editing.
- Digital Trends: Test and write kitchen appliance reviews and stories.
- RealPlayer Blog Editor: Use content development techniques and SEO writing and editing to build company blog and increase traffic exponentially. Manage freelance writers and blog budget.
- Website Content: Develop and write B2B (i2a Solutions) and B2C (TripBucket, RealNetworks) marketing content for company websites.
- Content Strategy: Develop and implement content strategy and style guide for major shopping center chain.
- Project Manager: Create documentation and processes for various projects.
- QA: Test websites and file/verify bugs for new CMS.
- Content Creation: Write-ups about new openings in Portland for Portland Picks.
- Social Media: Create social media content and grow ebook retailer social media channels through analyzing statistics and engaging with online community members.
- Book Trailers: Work with authors to develop, produce, and edit book trailer videos to promote new books.
LetsTalk.com, San Francisco, California
Editorial Director/Content Manager – 2006 to August 2012
- Launch and maintain the company’s YouTube Channel, which has achieved close to 5 million views
- Create engaging Twitter and Facebook content and develop/promote giveaways for the company’s social media outlets that added thousands of new followers and likes
- Promote the company through interviews with local TV news, national radio tours, and publications such as Real Simple, SmartMoney, MSNBC, and Reader’s Digest.
- Hire, manage, and retain a network of freelance writers
- Attend industry events CTIA and CES and use video and social media outlets to report on the show resulting in increased page views to the company blog and Facebook
- Develop, write, and launch expert reviews and buying decision content giving LetsTalk a competitive edge
- Launch and maintain LetsTalk’s PhoneTalk blog using strategic SEO-friendly content to grow traffic
- Work with other online sites (PhoneDog, Best Buy Mobile) to syndicate LetsTalk editorial content
Jupiter Research, New York, New York
Associate Analyst, 2005 to 2006
- Wrote reports for Home Theater and Broadband services based on industry research and analysis of data points
- Met and advised clients about relevant research and market trends
- Spoke and presented research on digital cameras at well attended CES Session
CNET Networks, San Francisco, California
Section Editor, Portable Consumer Electronics Site – 2002 to 2004
- Collaborated with marketing and design departments to implement and manage special website and video projects for various consumer electronics categories, including MP3 players, handhelds, cell phones, GPS devices, and cordless phones
- Managed and cultivated staff to successfully flourish in the company
- Attracted and maintained well-respected freelancers while still coming in under budget
- Edited reviews, features, and columns that appeared on CNET’s Portable Electronics section and were syndicated to newspapers and magazines
- Moderated and participated in high-profile CES panel
- Chosen to promote CNET Reviews through interviews with CNN, CNN Headline news, CNBC’s Bulls Eye, BBC, BBC World Business Report, local TV news and radio stations, Good Day New York, USA Today, Washington Post, San Francisco Chronicle, CBS Market Watch, Newsweek, and Fortune
Senior Editor, CNET Wireless – 2000 to 2002
- Co-founder of CNET’s Wireless site, which covered cell phones and service plans, making it one of the most visited destinations on the site
- Chosen to appear in company’s first product review videos
- Wrote and edited product reviews, features, and the extremely popular Ask the Cell Phone Diva column
- Updated and programmed cell phone site pages based on metrics, trends, and industry expertise
- Developed content coverage plan geared to increase and maintain consistent traffic growth
- Fostered close relationships with key wireless carriers and handset manufacturers
Mobile Computing & Communications, New York, New York
Senior Editor – 1998 to 2000
- Assigned, edited, and wrote articles on mobile technology
- Managed 6+ freelance writers and monitored a monthly budget
Imaging Magazine, New York, New York
Features Editor – 1996 to 1998
- Responsible for managing four key consumer and fitness-related accounts
- Secured and generated media coverage through national press/broadcast campaigns
JPR Communications, Woodland Hills, CA
Account Executive – 1991 to 1994
- Wrote/edited copy for press releases, articles, client collateral material, and company proposals
- Generated press coverage through extensive press contacts and creative product launch promotions
Sarah Lawrence College: Master of Fine Arts, Creative Writing – May 1996
California State University Northridge: Bachelor of Arts in English, Writing – June 1994
Microsoft Surface: Visual QuickStart Guide Published by Peachpit Press –December 2012